Welcome to my tales of cookery school, food and travel

The first 30+ posts of this blog describe my experiences as I complete a nine month cooking course - the City and Guilds Diploma in Food Preparation and Culinary Art. I did this after I moved out of full time employment and it was purely selfish - I love food, cooking, eating and drinking. Subsequent posts are about, food, travel and adventures.

Friday 29 June 2018

Aitutaki - if this doesn't load the content, I give up

Fly 45 minutes from Rarotonga to reach Aitutaki, a lagoon island paradise




The h-g has a Tom Hanks moment on one of our perambulations around the island

The Ika Mata (marinated raw fish) and island fries - arrowroot and breadfruit
Giant Trevally swimming with us when we went snorkelling in the outer lagoon

Did you know tropical sand is really parrot fish poo? Go ahead, google it



The little ferry that took us from the mainland of Aitutaki to our little island - travel time 60 seconds

the local marine research centre is growing giant clams to re-seed the lagoon beds
Most of the clams are iridescent greens and blue - stunning

Good lord! time for a drink festooned with a tiny umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment