While I am sitting my exam my Novotel buddies are being instructed in the fine art of service, or perhaps that should be Service. Two half days of instruction and practising polishing cutlery, setting the table, serving and clearing, taking orders and pouring wine. The exam doesn't mean I escape Monday's lesson, and I spend the afternoon with the Ibis group and then Tuesday back with my homies.
Questions / comments of classmates over this time:
- Why are there so many knives and forks?
- How will they (customers) know which ones to use?
- I'd rather be in the kitchen.
- I'm not covering my tats.
- Why do we have to do this?
Our settings are like this but also have an entree knife, no name plate, and two fewer glasses (and we fold our napkins in a fancier way)
Menu planning coming up.