1. When you are packing, it helps to remember you are the only one who cares what you wear. Really. Other people won't notice if you have the same two outfits on high rotation for six weeks - unless you begin to smell.
2. You will end up wearing your most comfortable shoes every day, even if they are not stylish. See rule one.
3. Despite what your mother told you, lightning will not strike and nobody will die if you wear the same undies for two days.
4. No matter how good your haircut, your hair style takes its own vacation. It will look a mess. Especially if you dry it with one of those completely gutless hotel hair dryers. You know the ones, hard wired into the wall in case there is a world wide conspiracy of hair dryer thieves.
5. Don't make jokes at Immigration or Customs. Anytime. Anywhere.
6. It is ok to eat cake and pastries for breakfast. Within reason.
|Mmmm - cake for breakfast|
7. Sir Peter Blake was right. You can wear merino for days on end and it will not smell. See rule one.
8. If you research the weather of your destination before you leave, and it strongly suggests boots, gloves and a hat would be a good idea, reconsider rule one.
9. There will always be something you wish you'd packed and something you did pack you won't wear.
10. Pretty much wherever you go, there will be shops. See rule one.