Welcome to my tales of cookery school, food and travel

The first 30+ posts of this blog describe my experiences as I complete a nine month cooking course - the City and Guilds Diploma in Food Preparation and Culinary Art. I did this after I moved out of full time employment and it was purely selfish - I love food, cooking, eating and drinking. Subsequent posts are about, food, travel and adventures.

Friday 19 September 2014

Late addition: photos for Rocky Mountain High

Finally able to load photos  - these accompany the previous blog. Tales from the Galapagos Islands to come within the next few days.....

Three of the spectacular Chihuly glass sculptures at the Denver Botanic Gardens



The modest Maroon Bells, two of the 59 peaks in Colorado that exceed 14,000 feet

Cycling from Glenwood Springs towards Vail - the cycle trail runs adjacent to the highway through the narrow gorge. There is a railway line on the other side of the river. 

The small sign on the right of the photos is a warning that there are bears in the area - we don't see any, but do see lots of bear scat (that's poo to you and me)

Home of the Rocky Mountain high



No comments:

Post a Comment